Tryptophan is frequently talked about during Thanksgiving. In particular, tryptophan is blamed for the reason why many people feel tired after eating a Thanksgiving meal. Did you know that turkey isn’t the highest source of tryptophan and that many other foods we eat have higher amounts? Here are six things you never knew about tryptophan. Happy Thanksgiving!
1. Tryptophan Is A Protein
2. Your Body Can't Make Tryptophan
3. Tryptophan Helps To Make Serotonin
4. Tryptophan Helps Make Melotonin
5. There's A Link Between Tryptophan and Schizophrenia
6. Turkey Isn't The Best Source Of Tryptophan