The Best and Worst Health and Fitness News
This week’s edition of the best and worst in health and fitness news is out. This week: Asian chicken salad with fresh citrus via Health, Home, & Happiness, the first lab grown lung, the Hot Pocket recall, childhood infection risk associated with flu vaccinations, and are you familiar with Jessica Pelletier? All that and more.
Health and Fitness News Via The Blog World
Paleo recipe of the week: Asian Chicken Salad with Fresh Citrus via Health, Home, & Happiness.
Blast from our past: Should You Have A CRP Test?
The Best Health and Fitness News
1. Are you ready for a new lung? You might have to wait a bit longer. The first lab grown human lung has been created but it won’t be ready for a full transplant for at least a decade.
2. Everyone loves boobs but cancer still kills men 50% more than women.
3. Fan of Hot Pockets? Nestle is recalling its Philly Steak and Croissant Crust Philly Steak Cheese Hot Pockets due to part of a larger meat recall.
4. Do you still drink soda? I’m not sure why you would want to. This man shares his story on giving up soda and how it made him feel better.
5. Children’s Doctor’s Appointments For Annual Exams and Vaccinations Associated With Increased Risk For Illness
New research in Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology shows that child doctor appointments for annual exams and vaccinations are associated with an increased risk of flu-like illnesses in children and family members within two weeks of the visit. This risk translates to more than 700,000 potentially avoidable illnesses each year, costing more than $490 million annually and completely ignoring nutritional deficiencies…..
The Worst Health and Fitness News
1. Who Is Justina Pelletier?
Justina Pelletier is a young teenager who has been diagnosed with mitochondrial disorder. After a strange turn of events, the doctors who originally made the diagnosis were banned from the case after she was transferred to a different hospital. At her new hospital doctors disagreed with the original diagnosis and thought the disease was in the child’s head – not that she was actually sick. The new doctors withheld all her medical treatment and she went from a once active teenager to being wheelchair bound
. The parents watched in disbelief. What happened next would shock any parent.
As the health of their daughter continued to worsen the police showed up and essentially said they weren’t able to see their daughter anymore. The Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF) took away their daughter and now only allows them to spend only thirty minutes with her ill daughter each week. Tired of fighting the battle and broke the family had no other options but were forced to turn to the media for help. Now the DCF has issued a gag order on the family for speaking out. Check out this story for more on this heartbreaking story – and familiarize yourself with something that should NOT be happening in the United States.
Do you like what you read here? Get our posts sent directly to your mailbox.